To Get Married in Sicily

Wedding in Italy Documentation


If neither of you are Italian or residents of Italy, banns are waived and you just need the authorization (usually called a NULLA OSTA)  issued by a consular of foreign authority in Italy (for some nationalities, a consul’s signature will be legalized by the prefecture)

Some countries will need other documents on top of the Nulla Osta, as mentioned above, i.e. AMERICAN citizens and AUSTRALIAN citizens (please read the detailed pages about these two nationalities).
For most nationalities, it is required that the couple meet the consulate in person, so please schedule your trip accordingly, as many of the consulates are only in Rome or Milan.
Do not worry, we can help you out with all this and send all the paperwork to the correct authorities to have your marriage registered in your home country. All you have to do is plan to be in Italy a few days in advance… As we will be there relieving you from any stress, imagine that time as an advanced honeymoon!!